I’m a documenter and memory keeper. A wife, a mother, and a dream chaser extraordinaire. I'm the person that tells the stories you want to remember forever.
If you follow me on social media you know that I talk about this all of the time…BUT I cannot stress enough how important engagement sessions actually are. And to show you, here are just a few of the reasons why.
1. It’s the perfect time to get to know your photographer. You get to see what it’s like to work with them and if your personalities mesh well.
Seriously, if you can’t picture yourself wanting to be friends in real life find someone else. You are literally going to spend more time with your photographer on your wedding day than you will anyone else. It’s important to feel comfortable. ⠀
If you really can’t make an engagement session work I highly encourage a face-to-face meeting. It’s really important to know who you are working with!⠀
2. Honestly, some people just really hate photos. As much as you may hate it practicing before your wedding day really makes the whole day much smoother. They know what to expect and already understand how the photographer gives direction. On top of that, it gives your photographer time to learn what you are and are not comfortable with.
3. It’s the perfect time to test out your wedding day makeup. This is important especially if you aren’t used to wearing makeup. You get to see how it photographs and if you actually like it. Imagine going through your whole wedding day just to get the photos back and decide you hate the color of lipstick you chose. ⠀
4. You are in control and you can do whatever you want. Bonus for not having to make do if there is rain or snow the day of.
I always suggest going to a place that is meaningful to the couple. Parks, coffee shops, fishing, lakes, doing something you love during your engagement session makes for wonderful photos.⠀
5. It’s just another awesome opportunity to have professional photos of you and the person you love the most! And if that isn’t reason enough I don’t know what is.